Business Administration Manager
The Global ServCo was established as a global service company in order to deliver services to support the Operating Banks of HSBC Group to meet contractual and regulatory commitments. ServCo provides centralised and standardised services and pricing, supported by regional hubs where necessary, creating an independent, bankruptcy remote global services entity. The HSBC Group and all entities within the Group are ServCo’s direct customers.
In order to preserve the current operating model of the HSBC Group as required by the HSBC Holdings plc Board, the ServCo Group is not responsible for the day to day management of the operations within and the services (and related risks) provided by Global Businesses, Global Functions and HOST operating within the ServCo structure. This remains the responsibility of the HGHQ Board and which has been delegated to the Group CEO and thereafter to the Global Heads of Global Businesses, Global Functions and HOST.
Global ServCo requires a Business Administration & Operational Management Lead to take ownership of business and administrative activities, supporting the ServCo leadership team with strategic and operational activities such as planning, cost management, people metrics, premises and facilities, health & safety, communications, BCP, and short term initiatives such as implementation of the operating model. This is a global role covering all regions and sites within regions in which ServCo operates, reporting to the ServCo COO. The role is based in 8 Canada Square, London.
The key tasks will include the following:
- Support the COO and MD in ensuring that appropriate plans exist in support of business initiatives and activities.
- Participate in business planning activities which may include operational, financial, technological and resource planning.
- Facilitate & support senior management decision making by use of management information, performance information, analytics, forums, stakeholder feedback and HSBC strategy.
- Participate in forums and committees to represent the view of business area.
- Participate in devising and monitoring of internal governance activities.
- Investigating and seeking remedies for discrete issues which may affect business unit performance.
- Working with external service providers to manage or evaluate their provision, monitor their performance and ensure service level agreements are honoured.
- Ensure strong networks with kley stakeholders and ServCo team members, enabling ability to execute at pace.